Tuesday 8 October 2013

Akshaya Patra Foundation is celebrating Joy Of Giving Week for Children


  'There is no joy in the world as good as the Joy of Giving'.

This year, during the on-going 'Joy of Giving' week, every responsible citizen should make an effort to give someone a part of what they have- be it time, clothes, food, money or any other kind of support. There are many reasons that let us experience joy in a lifetime. Everybody loves an occassional gift, especially when it is least expected. However, there is a deeper joy in giving, more than receiving. It's when you give that you feel responsible and happy above all.

The joy of giving involves everything including giving someone a small bit of your time or donations for children or helping a blind man cross the street and so on. It is human to constantly expect and not be satisfied with what we have. We earn a living by constant hard work and a drive for success. But we always want more, be it professional or financial success. When that's how it is in the life of people who make sufficient money, it is hard to imagine the plight of those who struggle to even make two ends meet. There is no dearth of such people in our country, especially children. This year, during the on-going 'Joy of Giving' week, every responsible citizen should make an effort to give someone a part of what they have, be it time, clothes, food, money or any other kind of support. There are many charities across our country that function only to feed the children and for the joy of children.

These charities often spread awareness about the condition that these children live in and encourage volunteering from youngsters and adults who are earning enough.

Arjun, a college student studying B.E. visits an orphanage in his city almost every weekend. According to him, there is no joy in the world as good as the joy of giving. "I am 19 years old. I understand that I have been fortunate to be born to parents who have provided me with nutrition and good education to help me stand up on my own feet. But lots of children, much younger than me, are not so fortunate as to receive even basic nutrition. Hence, as a responsible adult I visit an orphanage on the outskirts of Bangalore and spend some time with those children. That's the least I could do but it lets me experience the joy of contribution towards the society. I feel today's youth should recognise the importance of donations for children and support them to carve a future for themselves in this society."

Many people have actually left their corporate jobs and joined Not-for-profit organisations in order to work for a cause. Shashikant Inamdar, a resident of Hubli is one such individual who resigned from the position of engineer at a leading hardware manufacturing company, and joined an NGO only because he wanted to "do his bit for the progress of our society". "I was at an executive position in a corporate firm. But I was not happy with my job since it was not giving me joy or satisfaction. Then I approached an NGO which is part of the government mid day meal scheme. I have been working for this NGO for the past nine years. Now I experience both, the joy of giving my time towards the betterment of society and mainly the joy of feeding children! It gives me immense pleasure to see the happiness in the eyes of these children when they eat their meal at school," he says.

This Joy of Giving Week, make a difference by giving some time and support to those in need. Experience the Joy of Online Donations.

Like TheAkshayapatraFoundation  Follow @AkshayaPatra 
 https://plus.google.com/103409264342204954520/posts

0 comments:

Post a Comment